AboutThe Creative Collective
Come join me on a journey of HOLISTIC HEALTH discovery …. from the Greek word ‘Holos’ meaning ‘whole’. A philosophy of well-being that considers the need to look at the whole person including physical, mental, emotional, nutritional, environmental, social and spiritual aspects of life as closely interconnected and balanced.
Human beings are more than just physical bodies – we have emotions, harbour thoughts, nurture souls, live within families, within communities and a society which in itself is dependent upon the health of the environment.
Therefore, treating the whole person rather than just the symptoms of a disease
What is currently accepted is quickly changing.
You can stay informed through:
· practical quarterly newsletters
· personal attention and service
· book / course / product reviews
· new resources
I hope that you enjoy this site and that you will return time and time again!
HOLISTIC HEALTH CONSULTATION (BPhEd, NZSN, NZAMH, CENZ, IYTA)
“The Doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will instead interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet and the cause and prevention of disease.” THOMAS EDISON
- B.PhEd (Otago University, NZ)
- Dip. Naturopathy, Dip.Medical Herbalism, Dip.Nutritional Therapy, Dip. Iridology (College of Naturopathic Medicine, London)
- Dip. Childbirth Education (Aoraki Polytechnic, NZ)
- Yoga certified (Sivananda vedanta, Austria,) Pregnancy Yoga (Mother Wellness, Christchurch, NZ)
- Massage: Dip. Holistic Massage (ITEC, WLSTM – London)
- Dry Needling (Pain Management for Professionals, NZ)
- Thai & Chinese Foot (Wat Po – Bangkok)
- Aromatouch Technique (Nelson, NZ)
- Hawaiian Temple I (Way of Therapy, London)
- Reiki I (Sinai, Egypt) & II (Picton, NZ)
- Pregnancy Massage (Mother Wellness, NZ)
- Pilates: Matwork Certification series I, II & III (Australian Physiotherapy & Pilates Institute, NZ)
- Bach Flower Remedies I & II (Tessa Jordan, UK)
- Zumba Instructor I (Chch, NZ) & II (Wgtn, NZ) & Zumba Sentao (Chch, NZ)
- doTerra Wellness advocate
Look What People Are Saying About Huia
“Huia is the human form of Mother Earth…
She is a loving healer who has always made me feel special and important but at the same time challenges me. I have known Huia for about 7 years as a naturopath, Yoga and Pilates teacher and as a friend. Last year we, and others in her sphere of influence, started a journey with DoTerra Essential oils – she has made it exciting and is constantly coming up with new opportunities for us to learn more. Huia is encouraging and wants the best for her clients. She is constantly learning and every year she pursues a new area of personal education. We are Blessed to have her in Blenheim. She is valued and valuable. I recommend her to anyone wanting to heal their lives”.
” Our clients feedback and results speak for themselves …
Blenheim & Rural Midwives offer comprehensive midwifery care with a holistic approach. Large number of our clients attend Huía’s Pregnancy yoga and are referred to Huía Naturopathically to help enhance the health of Mum and Baby. ”
‘Huia is a gifted and intelligent healer …
who is connected with her heart. She has helped me so much with maintaining vibrant health, balance and well being and discovering other wonderful tools like essential oils. Huia is first rate and I trust her judgment implicitly.’
“I’ve got more energy than ever…
I have had several treatments from Huia and ongoing supplements. She’s helped me beyond wellness. Huia is a real healer!”
“Your amazing prenatal classes had a big impact on my pregnancy …